Another year has gone by, and here at Salient, we have a lot of things to be excited about! Here are just a few (in no particular order):
- The “inherently leak free” valves developed by Salient for Big Horn Valve passed
two of the most stringent tests for oil and gas
valves validating the technology as “emission-free” and the “Best Available Valve Technology to keep our environment green and clean”.
- Salient President and Co-owner, Steve Sanford was recognized in the Southwest Montana 20 Under 40; people, entrepreneurs and employees in southwest Montana who have achieved success and improved the quality of life for others in their communities.
- Salient’s David Yakos and maker, Parker Thomas, co-presented “The Mindset of a Maker” at PlayCon 2015
- Salient leadership team experienced HATCH2015, a summit of 100 thought leaders from around the world to HATCH a better world.
- iBike Powerpod Kickstarter Success reaching 150% of their goal, and already fulfilling orders.
- The Salient team had 4 amazing college students shadow them on real life projects as part of Salient’s mentorship program
- Launch of the award-winning Maker Studio Construction Sets to inspire youth in engineering
and creativity, co-invented by David Yakos
- Kickstarter success for Hydaway collapsible water bottle – backed by over 5,700 supporters, and raising over $260,000, 13x their goal!
- The Salient team is growing with with the addition of master Industrial Designer, Kirk Turner
- Team Salient helped facilitate HATCHedu to Design the School of the Future at DSEL Labs, Montana State University.
- Salient Co-owner, David Yakos was recognized in Origin magazine’s 45 Top Creatives
- In 2015, Salient provided Industrial Design, Prototype Development and Manufacturing Drawings for over 100 client products.